This course takes a hands-on approach to Firebase Cloud Functions where we build seven different microservices, each demonstrating a fundamental concept of the platform. Here's a quick summary of the topics you will learn.
- Serverless Computing Basics
- HTTP and ExpressJS
- Event-driven Background Functions
- Firestore Functions
- Storage Buckets and the Functions Filesystem
- Working with Google APIs
- Callable Functions and Authentication
- Working with 3rd party APIs like Twilio to send SMS Text messages
By the end of this course you will have the foundation necessary to build virtually any backend feature into your Firebase app.
This Project is for Developers who...
- are building a mobile or web app with Firebase
- want to learn how to build backend features in a serverless NodeJS backend
- want direct access to the content creator (let's chat on Slack).
Experience Level Required
Brand New to Firebase?
If you've never used Firebase, start by working with the frontend SDKs before attempting Cloud Functions. The video below is a great way to get started:
I am a Google Developer Expert who enjoys pushing the limits of web technology. Since 2012, I have been working with businesses and startups to build full-stack apps with Angular, Firebase, and many other exciting APIs.
Hold up! You can get this course and others for free...
Projects are a part of the AngularFirebase PRO ecosystem and members can access them with a 100% discount code. In addition to the Firebase Functions Master Course you'll get access to a huge collection practical resources designed for serious app developers. Sound awesome? Signup for a PRO account.